Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What I like

Every time I am with my oldest daughter, Abigail, and we are in the toothpaste aisle at target or wherever she always wants a new toothbrush. ALWAYS!  It doesn't matter if I just bought her one a few weeks ago, she wants a new one and it doesn't even have to be a "cool" kind. Well I'm the same way but with different things. 
Of course I always walk straight to the shoes because I love shoes, but the other thing I love looking at are comforters, blankets, decorative pillows and bed sets. 
Here is a set I love. I love the color red and I love the burlap color with it. 
I love the different patterns and textures. And I love the bird pillow! How cute.
I always love a nice black and white or grey and white. You can switch things up by adding a pop of color with decorative pillows, colored sheets and accents.
My bedroom is grey, white and a olive green color. But I have to be honest and say that my room is always the last room in the house to get decorated or even cleaned. :sigh: One day I will have a room that looks like a catalog photo :)
A few other things that I always look at are  wall art. I love art. I love pictures that draw me in. Ones with certain colors like, reds, oranges, teal, blues, gold, silver, black and white, they make me happy. I smile when I see them. 
I don't know who this is by, I found it on Pinterest but I love the colors. I love the the textures and patterns. Aside from color I am always drawn to pictures of women or dancers.


I love these paintings done by Michael Carson. My favorite one is the girls standing in line. These paintings are so dreamy and elegant.
This is one of my favorites. I love the big hair and all the colors. Its so fun! and the features and jaw line is just perfect!
This one always captures me. I stare at it, intoxicated by the colors and the way it all blends together. To me I see dancing. 

I could go on and on about things I love to look at, and wish I had a house just filled with all of it. Vases, dressers, rugs, pillows, etc...
A closet filled with beautiful dresses, jeans that make my butt look good ;) scarves and of course all kinds of shoes. 
What do I spend my money on? Almost always it is spent on clothes or shoes for my kids, toys and special little prizes, stuff for our guinea pigs.... And you know, I really don't mind. One day I will be able to have the home I want and have it decorated just the way I want. But there is nothing sweeter than spending what I have on my children









No comments: