Thursday, January 16, 2014

Valentines Day is approaching!

I know that Valentines day isn't for about a month, but when you are a mother of 4 and married, you just have to plan ahead. (Holy Cow am I planning ahead? What is wrong with me?) Anyhow, this is the first year my kids have been in public school and the thing I love most about it, other than them being gone :), is making treats for their class parties or snacks for the kindergarten class. I usually try and make something that relates to the season or holiday of that month. The kids just love this! So do the teachers :) This month (january) I totally forgot I had snack the first day back to school. That means I need to do something for February that will be awesome. I have a couple of ideas.  I will be making strawberry floats, and I came across this Pin on Pinterest. Conversation Heart Cheesecake .  But cheesecake isn't exactly the cheapest dessert to make. So I bought a set of 3 medium size heart cheesecake springform pans, and I will just make the heart cheesecakes for my kids and possibly my husband. While that is all great stuff, I still need to figure out what I'm going to make for my kids V-day parties. I don't want it to cost too much and I want it to go with strawberry floats (I may choose some other kind of float) Then I remember that I use to make a really great Butterfinger Trifle. I started looking into trifles and came across one that was done with jelly rolls and although it looked beautiful with all of the red swirls, I just don't think I want to make something with little debbie cakes in them. But I could make a beautiful trifle with strawberries right? All kinds of Trifles . It's easy, quick, and tastes so delicious. Plus I just love the colors.
While searching for these recipes (and torturing myself with all the amazing dessert pictures) I also came across these bad boys! I have never deep fried any kind of dessert, really I don't fry much of anything any more. But how could I NOT make these? I might do snickers instead since I love snickers but regardless of what kind of candy I choose, I guarantee there will be some ooey gooey chocolate fried candy business going on in my kitchen.
Now that I have my desserts figured out, I started wondering if teachers are to receive a valentine as well? After thinking and thinking of what I could buy, I decided that it would be better if I make something for them. Then I remembered that I use to make these really cute "Rock Buddy" necklaces. My intentions were to sell them on etsy but I never really got around to doing it. I think I was scared of not being successful at it (fear sucks). Here is a picture of the rock buddies.

Whenever I wear these little guys, I always get comments on how cute they are and I really think they're perfect for elementary teachers. I will give it to them with a tag that says "you really ROCK !" Happy Valentines Day.
So what do you think? Good Idea? :) 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I always loved your Rock Buddies! That's a great idea for the teachers. Your desserts sound over the top fancy!! Can't wait to see what you come up with... <3